Koordination: Claudia-Susanne Günther
Our Master's program is typically composed of four semesters (and 120 credit points) and builds off of the Bachelor's program. During your Master's studies, you may embark upon an individualized concentration in a specific topic of your choice. The concentration can and should be designed by the student but a Faculty Mentor is available for consulting on the choice of coursework. Two profiles are offered for your concentration, building on the research strengths of the Institute of Mathematics.
These profiles ensure a consistent, steady, and research-oriented course plan each semester. Each of these profiles can cover the Master's program requirements. It is further possible to combine courses from both profiles or replace them by still other courses.
With the start of the winter term 2019/20 the official language of this Master's program will be changed from German to English. You can already pre-register for this new Master's program via the following link.
Entry into Program
The Master's program can be entered in either Winter or Summer Semester.
Application and Matriculation
- The admission requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or a comparable degree with substantial Mathematics coursework.
- English language skills are required since the official language of the program is English.
- The Master's program currently has no restrictions on admission.
- You can find information on eligibility and admission requirements, applying and registering as well as corresponding deadlines on the University website.
- The exact regulations are in the Master's Eligibility Regulation (general part and admission requirements (in German)).
- The exact Master's requirements are set in the study regulations for Master of Mathematics and general regulations (in German).
We are happy to answer any questions you may have at studienberatung(at)math.uni-potsdam.de. We're looking forward to your application!