Network meeting of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
– Haus 9, Raum 2.22
9 am: Words of welcome by Wilhelm Huisinga (Director of the Institute)
9:10 am: Presentation of the participants
9:30 - 11 am: Talks by Humboldt fellows
- Ana Alonso Serrano (Spain): Quantum Cosmology: The Beginning of the Universe
- Eric Siero (Netherlands): Desertification: Extended System at Risk
- Long Wang (China): Realistic N-Body Modelling of Globular Cluster Dynamical Evolution
- Bao Truong (USA): Variational Principle in Behavioral Sciences
11:30 am - 1 pm: Research at the Mathematics Institute
- Wilhelm Huisinga (Director of the Institute): Presentation of the Mathematics Institute
- Sylvie Roelly (Professor for Probability Theory): French-German Doctoral Program Potsdam-Toulouse
- Christian Bär (Professor for Geometry): Research project "Geometry at Infinity"
- Sylvie Paycha (Professor for Analysis): "Women of Mathematics throughout Europe. A gallery of portraits"
- Gilles Blanchard (Professor for Statistics): Collaborative Research Center SFB 1294 Data Assimilation