The French-German graduate school Potsdam-Toulouse called Stochastic processes and statistical machine learningis funded by the French-German University for the period 2018-2021. It involves mathematicians of both universities. Aims of this binational doctoral structure named CDFA 01-18 :
- Integration of doctoral students into a common larger research programm
- Scientific education by specialized serial lectures, short term and long term visits of guest scientists, workshops
- Increase of the mobility of young researchers (a typically 6-12 month's stay at the foreign partner university)
- Possibility of novel international collaborations
- Possibility of joint PhD-supervisions by two scientific teams from distinct countries.
The concerned mathematics research domains are the Probability Theory - in particular the field of stochastic processes- and the mathematical statistics - inparticular the field of Statistical Learning.
French speaker: Prof. Patrick Cattiaux
German speaker: Prof. Sylvie Roelly
Potsdam, 14-16 February 2018
Toulouse, 13-15 March 2019
Potsdam, November 25-26th 2021