A detailed CV is available on request.
- PhD in Numerical Analysis, November 2007, University of Bath, UK
- Diploma (Dipl.-Math.) in Mathematics, September 2004, TU Chemnitz, Germany
- MSc in Applied Mathematics, December 2003, University of Bath, UK
- Abitur, July 1999, Schwarzenberg, Germany
- Visiting Professor TU Munich (May - June 2019)
- Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Mathematics, University of Bath (since May 2016)
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor, tenured) in Mathematics, University of Bath (October 2010 - April 2016)
- GWR Research Fellow with the UK MetOffice and Lecturer, University of Bath (October 2007 - September 2010).
- Visiting Research Associate, Department of Computer Science, University of Maryland (October - December 2006).
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Bath (February 2003 - September 2007).
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, TU Chemnitz (October 2001 - September 2004).
Selected Scholarships and Awards
- Mathematics Staff Award for Best Supervisor (2017).
- Winner of Images of Research Competition (2012).
- Student Paper Prize at 10th Copper Mountain Conference on Iterative Methods in Colorado, USA (April 2008).
- GWR Fellowship Postdoctoral Fellowship (2007-2010).
- EPSRC Studentship PhD scholarship (October 2004 - September 2007).
- Friedrich-Ebert Stiftung merit-based academic scholarship (July 2000 - September 2004).
Selected Academic Services
- Committee for Householder Prize 2020
- Vice Chair of SIAM Activity Group on Linear Algebra (2019-2021)
- Scientific Committee of SIAM Applied Linear Algebra 2018, Hong Kong
- Scientific Committee of CliMathNet Conference 2017 and 2018
- Associate Editor of SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications (since 2016)
- Program Director of SIAM Activity Group on Linear Algebra (2016-2018)
- Faculty Advisor of University of Bath Student Chapter of SIAM (since 2012)
- Secretary & Treasurer of SIAM UK & Republic of Ireland Section (2012-2014)
- Refereeing work: I have refereed for more than 20 Journals in Numerical Analysis/Applied Mathematics. For more info see Publons
See List of publications.
English, German, French, Spanish.