The French-German doctoral college Potsdam-Toulouse called Stochastic processes and statistical machine learning is funded by the French-German University for the period 2018-2021. It involves mathematicians of both universities.
Aims of this international doctoral college named CDFA 01-18 :
- Integration of doctoral students into a common larger research programm
- Scientific education by specialized serial lectures, short term and long term visits of guest scientists, workshops
- Increase of the mobility of young researchers (a typically 6-12 month's stay at the foreign partner university
- Possibility of novel international collaborations
- Possibility of joint PhD-supervisions by two scientific teams from distinct countries.
The concerned mathematics research domains are the probability theory - in particular the field of stochastic processes- and the mathematical statistics - inparticular the field of statistical learning.
French speaker: P. Cattiaux
German speaker: S. Roelly